I was picking up my area and seen this lil picture of Joy so I thought I would try my hand at altering one of those wooden ornaments that I buy for the kids crafts. I used the DCWV Christmas stack papers to Mod Podge them to the wood. Found out there must be a learning curve to to using the Mod Podge as I had brush strokes so I sanded it and watered down the Mod Podge for the next coat. Then inked my edges and added a Prima from The Prima Bitty Bag collection as well as a Silver Bell Dew Drop in the center these can all be found at Kristina's store :Your Memories Here Primas & Dew Drops can be used for more than your scrapbooking!Also used the Cricut Cartridge Home Decor for the small flourish, and added a small leaf.
This is the first for me to apply paper to these wooden ornaments now I will be looking at them a little different. And I will have to learn the ins & outs of the Mod Podge!
































7 comments:
So cute! Applying paper to wood can get addicting! I go to Goodwill and buy up anything they have and get to working. I once covered a wooden whale with paper from American Crafts. It was so cute (but tough around that tale!). Cute pic of the pup, too!
Haven't ever tried that! Brenda, girl, you are so versatile!
Om my gosh! Is that the cutest thing!
Nice job!
So cute Brenda, have never used Mod Podge so can't offer any help on that one, sorry.
hugs
Kaye x
How cute!! Love your little one Brenda!!
xo
Love this ornament - it's very cute - and so is the pup!
How adorable is this!!! Made me smile...sweet friend!!! :)
Post a Comment