This is a layout I did for the Sketchy Thursday challenge...almost didn't think I was going to get it done and posted due to me scratching my lens on my eye.
This is a picture of my son when he was 7 years old and I was inspired by Diana's "Jabber Journal" she keeps of her son. I remembered my treasures in a suitcase where I have kept Shane's school projects and other cherished mementos. I found his "Wish book" from the second grade I had so much fun going thru the papers and thought this would be perfect for this layout.
I used the DCWV Happily Ever After Stack for the background paper. Used gold velum for the circle cuts and a new program I bought at Jo-Ann Fabrics to do the journaling with : Creating Keepsakes "The Best Of Creative Lettering Super Combo" Price tag says $36.95 I bought it on clearance for $4.97!!!
Happily Ever After Cricut cartridge for the Frame, Dreams Come True Cricut cartridge for the bottle and lamp. I added gold stickles to these cuts
Sorry about the pictures will try tomorrow it started to storm.....JOY!!
































14 comments:
So good, Brenda! I love how you dug into your memories for this one. Thanks for playing!!
Hey Bredna- thanks for the link about my blog header. In the end it was so simple. I just needed to click on the "shrink to fit" button.
Oh I hope your eye isn't too bad off. Cute layout, I love going back and reading what the boys wrote when they were little.
Love scrapbooking my children school papers and such, lets us brings those memories to th present. Your magic lamp is awesome with the glitter. Nice job!
Great layout Brenda, hope your eye is ok and on the mend.
hugs
Kaye x
Oh Brenda...this is so pretty!!!! I just dore the pic and the papers and detail are just perfect!!
Hoping that you eye is better....ouch that hurts!!!!!
Wishing you a day filled with Happiness...I so adore you Blog!!!!
This is wonderful. love the papers, they go great with your theme.. great job GF
cheers
Nanné
HI Brenda! Great layout. Love the colors and the theme goes perfect with the paper!
Hi Brenda, thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving some love on my forgiveness LO. Love those pictures of the camping trip...I bet you had fun. Love your blog's look too....I love butterflies, lol.
What a great layout! Love the colors!
Thought I left a comment yesterday but ... that can be tricky sometimes if you click too soon LOL Anyway, great layout. Must have been fun to do. Hope your eye is better soon!
I have something for you on my blog...it is a community pass...wanted to be sure you took one!
Congrats on the DT Brenda...so exciting!
Looks great Brenda!!! Love it!
Post a Comment