This is a layout I did of my son and I taken years ago during a very difficult time in our life. But when we looked into each others eyes we connected and we did manage to smile....I hate my profile shots due to my nose but the moment I seen this photo this is the one we had printed. I am sure my son and I both will remember this day but when I look at it I also see something beautiful .....a connection between a mother and son.
When I seen this Webster's pages paper I knew this was the one to use for this project.
I printed up a gate on transparency that was left over from cutting out all those hearts...thank you Sonya! This gate represents how I was feeling at the time... ever feel fenced in and no way out? Same way for the watch button normally I use my die cuts for my time pieces to represent something this... represents time stood still for a moment. Everything that I used on this layout has a reason and represents the feelings at the time of this photo shoot.
Scrapping is such good therapy for me and anyone that knows me.....knows "I ain't right!" I used some vinyl screen that I was saving for another project for my photo mat.....nothing is safe from us scrappers!
Cricut cartridges used: Hannah Montana for the butterflies sprayed with Glimmer Mist
Home Decor: Bird, Branch, and flourishes.
Home Accents:Leaves
Prima flowers and some flowers from my stash sprayed with the Glimmer Mist the lil primas are from Kristina thank you sooo much! I also used some dew drops in the centers again from Kristina from Your Memories Here
leaf ribbon from Frost It Pink,key & watch button from Jo-Ann Fabrics
I sooo bad wanted to tear my paper(to represent how tore-up I was at the time) and put some lacing on but I am still not brave enough to tear my beautiful paper... I know put my big girl panties on and just do it right?
I will try and take better pictures later if it gets nice out but wanted to get this posted while Aden was napping.
































16 comments:
Brenda, this is beautiful! Love the gate, love the bird, love the flowers... love it all! And such a great storyteller. I love reading your posts!
Brenda, This is awesome. Where did you get that gate to print on your transparency? I've seen that before and just love it! Sandi
Sandy I did a google search for wrought iron gates a while back when I had a vison to do a "Twilight" LO.This is from a company that makes the gates. Still collecting all my goodies for that project...haven't found the perfect Edward pic.
hugs
Brenda
So very creative..I love all the textures you mix on your pages...very appealing to the eye and touch...and Love your hairdo's....lovely picture indeed.
whooops Sandi I just took notice I sent all the pictures to the wrong Sandy!!!JOY!!!
this is so beautifully done. and you do wonder how your child can always put a smile on your face, no matter how difficult the time is. and theirs nothing wrong with your nose.. :O) we are all exactly the way god intended.. :O)
cheers
Nanné
Ohhh, this is so beautiful and whimsical....loving all the blooms and pretty papers!!
~Gabi xx
Okay...that made me cry! Gorgeous!
Beautiful Brenda. As always the LO is great. I love that picture (you look great) and the story behind it is so touching.
Beautiful layout and beautiful memory! I'm sure you and your son will treasure this always!
Brenda this layout is just beautiful, I love all the detailing. The photo is awesome and I can tell when you write about it the feelings you must get.
hugs
Kaye x
Oops! I made a mistake in my first post!
This layout is beautiful. Touching story too!
You might want to check my blog!
http://crazyforcrafting.blogspot.com/2009/08/winner.html
Brenda...what a lovely sentiment...I love all the hidden meanings...I do that a lot too...this is just timeless and the picture of the two of you is beyond words...you two look very much alike....i do know that connection as well...and I know that fence all too well...LOL...but thank goodness GOD always opens a window....thanx for being you...love this...hugs...sandy
This is a beautiful page. I love the gate you added to it!
I love this page. You did an awesome job, I love the gate too.
Post a Comment