Saturday, January 9, 2010

Wishes Do Come True



Yippppeee I got to do a Sketchy Thursday Layout!!!! Since I used the Tim Holtz Distress Ink on this I can also enter it into the Frosted Designs challenge!!!I inked my edges and also my key hole....I am lovin this ink!

Here is a picture of me in 1995 when I was The Fashions Divisional Manager at K-Mart. They took pictures of all the managers and had them posted at the front of the store and we got to keep the remainder of the photos. I used my Cricut cartridges A Child's Year (thank you Sandy for enabling me on this one!) and Hannah Montana. Added some Glimmer Mist to my paper and my flower.....love the shimmer! I am so determined to get an album of me done this year.

16 comments:

Kristina said...

How nice to see a page about you! I love that shimery butterfly and the wishing well paper is just perfect for your story.
Hugs,
Kristina

Leanne said...

Lovely layout! The paper is so pretty and I love the shimery butterly also!! I need to do a book about me but I'm the one that's always behind the camera instead of in front of it!

Nanne said...

What a fab layout Brenda.. I'm so glad 95 was a good year for you.. :O) I love that paper you chose and what a great photo of you... :O)
hugs
Nanné

Kaye's Crafty Place said...

Beautiful layout Brenda. Sounds like 95 was a really good year! I just love Websters pages and it was perfect for this layout. Love the butterfly too.

hugs
Kaye x

DeeDee said...

Brenda you are a beautiful lady inside and out..I love your layout...and great to do a book about you with glimmer ...I miss Kmart so much...lol..have a great day my friend...

Jocelyn said...

Love this one Brenda!!!!! You did a Fabulous Job and good for you...doing an album for you!!! I have such a hard time doing pages of myself!!!!

Have a great weekend!!! :-)

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Beautiful Brenda! Such gorgeous paper and details -- you did a fab job :)

xo

jacque4u2c said...

Really love the wishin' well paper - how perfect!

Unknown said...

i love the vintagey feel to your layout! that paper is gorgeous! i'm also working more on scrapping my own photos! i just need to TAKE more!!!! have a great rest of the weekend brenda! thanks for visiting my bloggy!

hugs,
mo

Sandy said...

Oh so wonderful Brenda....what a fab layout...I love the pic...you are lovely....I adore the sentiment....I'm claiming that for 2010 for myself!

Unknown said...

How nice to see a layout about yourself..
we often forget to do these..
love that pretty butterfly and paper....
well done..
and hopefully 2010 will be good to us all...
hugs
Brenda

ScrapMomOf2 said...

This is lovely! The paper is beautiful and perfect for this layout!

Pink Blossom Creations said...

What a lovely layout.... fab photo

Caroline x

Jingle said...

Very pretty layout!!!

Sandi Clarkson said...

Hey, Brenda, great job with the Webster's pages. So glad you got a page done for your BOM. Hard to make those a priority! Glad you're having a little more time for crafting!

Diana Fisher said...

I really love this page, and the papers you used are so very pretty!! Thanks for playing, as always, my friend!!!
-Diana, Sketchy Thursdays