Thursday, June 11, 2009

She Loved Apples

This is a project I did of my Mother who passed away in 2005. This is to document the last time we had spoke on the telephone. She had her friend send me this photo and was sooo excited to share it with me....she went on to tell me the story of my father bringing her apples...she then remarked " I loved apples".. "Isn't he sooo handsome"...Mom was 14 years old when this was taken
This was the hardest thing I have ever made and I want to thank all of you who helped me with the title and for your prayers I cried sooo much putting this together...today it went well and I knew it was due to all of your prayers....again THANKS!
I used a 7 Gypsies portfolio for this used Heidi Grace rub-ons to decorate the outside along with the 7 Gypsies pronged book handle both from Frost It Pink...thank you Amy!!!
Cricut cartridges used:
Home Decor,Jasmine, Plantin Schoolbook,Storybook,Wedding solutions
Papers were DCWV and K & co.300 piece Designer Paper Box
Flowers:
Prima Artful Collage & Artistry Writer Trio (from Frost It Pink)
pink flowers CTMH "Autumn Daisy"(see Lori) sheer flowers are ColorBox layered flowers(Jo-Anns $1. rack) I separated them and dyed to match LO
Embellishments: Vintage Brads,key & "Mom" charm (Jo-Anns)
Pearls K & co.(joann.com)
Prima Lace dyed (Frost It Pink)
Trinket Pins (Frost It Pink)
"Love" quote Cloud 9 Design (Jo-Anns)Wizard dies: sewing machine & stop watch (time set to the time Mom went to be with our Heavenly Father)

16 comments:

Leanne said...

Brenda you did a amazing job. I can not even imagine how hard it was to complete this project. I'm soooo sorry for your lost. I'm sure she is smiling down at how beautiful it is. ((Hugs))

Snowmanlover said...

Hi there Brenda , I left you a blog award on my blog! Barb

charlene said...

Brenda that is just beautiful, I can only imagine what you must have been feeling when you did this. I am so happy that you got it finished what a treasure it is !
Big Hugs to ya

BlueRose said...

OMG, it is so gorgeous and I'm sure it took some time to finish. You should be very proud because it is very beautiful and it looks like a lot of memories that you brought out....♥♥

Diana Fisher said...

This is so beautiful! Thank you for sharing the story with us. I love the colors and look you chose for the book. A real treasure for you...a keepsake.

Anonymous said...

Brenda, that is an absolutely wonderful tribute to your mother! She had to be proud of you!
Lorie

jcscraphappy said...

what a beautiful tribute, and i completely understand the tears and heartache. I lost my mother in "06 and i havent started her album yet.
hugs to you
jennie

DeeDee said...

What a memory and tribute...Love you details this is just beautiful I lost my mom 1 year ago...and the heartache never does leave...hugs

Heather West said...

This is a great, how special to remember you mom by doing a project about her.

Amy said...

This is stunning!!!! What a great idea -- to take the folder flaps apart!! So cute.....and a wonderful way to remember your mother.
Amy

Jingle said...

That is very nice!

Dawn Gallop🐝 said...

Oh Brenda this is the most amazing thing I have ever seen!!! So much feeling and I know it was so hard. I had lost me dad in Feb. and I still have not been able to scrap anything of him...I want to but I just start crying every time. What a wonderful tribute and it is just GORGEOUS!! Love everything about it!! Hugs Brenda, Dawn (enjoy your weekend)

Snowmanlover said...

Brenda, this is just beautiful!

Nanne said...

As difficult as it must have been to start and finish this project of yours, it turned out beautifully.. It will be a nice heirloom for future generations..I decided after seeing yours, I will make something (maybe a word book of some sort) of my grand mother. so I don't ever forget her.. now, I'm all teary..geez! I'm just a big softy..LOL :o)
cheers
Nanné

Kristina said...

Beautiful and so heart warming. What a wonderful way to share your memories. You are quite talented!
Hugs,
Kristina

Unknown said...

Just awesome!! What a wonderful way to celebrate your mothers love of apples!! Just beautiful. HUGS TO YOU!!