Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Faux Porcelain Victorian Tin

This is an Altoid tin I covered with polymer clay.
The Transluent Liquid Sculpey is the key to creating the creamy luster and depth in this faux technique.
Simulating the look of antique china, the combination of white polymer clay and the TLS is remarkably deceptive.....only the weight of the piece will give it away.
I used a Victorian acid-free sticker, and white Premo polymer clay along with the Transluent Liquid Sculpey to create this project.
When covering the tins I learned the hard way cover the top first then bake then do your bottom....or else it might not open!
Hopefuly I am inspiring someone to play with the polymer clay. You will never throw another tin away!
Thank you Theresa for all the tins!!! Now you see why I have you save them for me!

3 comments:

Diana Fisher said...

wow, that is beautiful!

DeeDee said...

I love this...very beautiful and a great effect...did you get my email about the stone?

Heather West said...

This is so cute! I love it! I might try this!