Tuesday, March 20, 2012

I am Wild for you card



here is the shelf liner being dyed

here is the shelf liner fabric
match sicks cut and then colored with a black sharpie

Here is a card I made for a couple of challenges...I had everything out in my room from my Zoo Explosion Box...sooo I went for it!
Love this fabric wish I could fund paper like it..
Ok Enfy has a challenge going on her blog for you to use things not normally us
ed on a card....bamboo place mat, cork, matchsticks,and shelf liner are all items not normally used on cards... used the bamboo place mat on the background...matchsticks are used for the risers on my gate...and the "grass" is shelf liner that I colored with my alcohol inks...and cork to hold my card open and mat my sentiment.Fabric again was fused on my card stock as I did for my box.
There is also another challenge going on at Polka Doodles to use animal or bird...so I am also entering it in that challenge as well.

Challenges:
Use something on your card that wasn't intended for card making: http://www.going-buggy.blogspot.com/2012/03/new-challenge-for-march.html

Also Polka Doodle is having some awesome blog candy...make sure to pop over there!

The latest Candy Doodles CD will be given away to 3 random comments!!!






9 comments:

Lalo said...

WOW Brenda!!! So loving all the craftiness with things around the house, Talk about inspiration!!! And they all add up to one awesome project...LOVE!!!

coops said...

wow just fantastic brenda.i love how you have used the matchstickes, genius and the jungle animals are stunning ;D

xx coops xx

Sandy from Ukiah said...

I don't even know what to say, i am speechless, absolutely gorgeous . Hugs

theboelemas@aol.com said...

Wow this is completely awesome hun. Thanks for joining the Polka Doodles animals challenge. Wishing you the best of luck.

Claire x

Claire Phillips said...

Thanks so much for playing along in our Polkadoodles animal/bird challenge this week! What a fabulous creative project! Cheers Claire x

FauxPainter - Dee Paramour said...

Beautiful projects. Thanks for taking part in the Polka Doodles challenge.

Fliss said...

Wow! Absolutely stunning creations Brenda. Really love your improvised grass and railings.
Thanks for sharing with us at Polka Doodles animal or bird challenge.
Fliss x

Enfys said...

Wow Brenda, great use of random objects. I LOVE your matchstick fence, now that's an idea to store away in my ideas box! Thanks so much for entering my challenge and good luck
hugs
Enfys xx

Brenda said...

Enfy The match sticks are colored black and glued on my gate as "risers" to raise up from the box to give dimension
had sooo much fun with you challenge!
hugs
Brenda