This layout was inspired by the challenge over at SOUS... when I seen the Cameo challenge I knew I finally got to to this layout!!!
I had sooo much fun doing this layout...it is a photo of me when I worked as a floral designer in a flower shop....loved loved loved that job...had to leave due to me battling with never ending eye problems...corneal ulcers...ewe...due to me developing allergies from a glaucoma drop I was on!!!
Back to the layout ...while I worked at the flower shop I complained one day about my age and my pony tail needing to be cut off...well my dear friend Karry looked at me in front of everyone and said noooo....your'e "Menopausal Barbie"...then she wanted to dress me up as Menopausal Barbie on the Halloween Float... miss you Karry...RIP gf!
There is tons of sparke to this layout ...love that black glitter paper....and that black suede is just perfect for the cuts.I made a charm to hang off the button in the flower center...sorry this photo tonight is not showing the true colors...
I spent way too long looking for the "Real" Barbie font...I did find a SCAl cut for the Barbie and the title is from the new Barbie font...yes that Barbie logo is slanted as it is on the Barbie merchandise..I added Granny Boots since Barbie was know for her heels...me being older went for the granny boots!! I do actually have a paitr of these that I just love that I wear with my black lace dress...
Cricut Cartridges used: Plantin School Book: circle Forever Young: cameo,Heritage: Granny boots
Paper: RecollectionsModern Bouquet,Recollections Signature Glitter,Hot off the press black suede, Hot off the press Onyx glimmer
Flowers: Imaginisce: Build a blossom
Bling: Prima say it in crystals
Martha Stewart border punch
Challenges:
































6 comments:
Heehee! I knew you would pull it off with a little ribbing LOL Menopausal Barbie, huh? I can so relate!! Love the pink and black .. ooh la la .. and the Circuit cuts are great. But I really really love the photo of you .. that's my girl! Hugs! Soooooooo glad that you came to play with us again!
OK.. I love the design of this LO and it cracks me up thinking about it!! Great job once again my friend!!
Hugs,
Tanya
Beautiful layout and an awesome story to go with it!!! :) hugs... Tracy
oh wow Brenda..loving the pink and black combo and our title is hilarious!! I'm getting there, slowly but surely..LOL
I'm so glad you got this done in time for share with us girls..
hugs
Nanné
Oh I just Love this (the title is perfect, I hit it last year so I can Totally relate, LOL!) The colors are Gorgeous and you use done of my favorite silhouette images! Soglad you shared with us over at SOUS!
((Hugs)) Theresa
Brenda, this is just beautiful.
Post a Comment