Thursday, December 31, 2009

My top 10 layouts of 2009

This was a Sketchy Thursday layout of Trinity my great niece I loved doing this layout! I miss her and her mother soooo much! I was sooo happy to get her call during the holidays and she emailed me more pictures!!Thank you Melanie sooo much...I love you!
This is a photo of me and Shane this was a first for me when I let the elements I used tell my story.
Here is another Sketchy Thursday layout this photo was taken when we worked at a benefit for my cousin Jon Paul. I am really thinking the fireworks I was seeing is because I was so exhausted emotionally and physically....shhhh don't let Gary hear that, he loves the idea that after this many years he still has got me seeing fireworks!

I love this layout! This is a photo of me and my girl friends,I also made this for Jaime's gift this year and she loved it as well and said it was the best Christmas present she ever got...really made me feel good on Christmas Eve when she seen it.
This is me at 6 months old this was for a DT project. My first all white layout.
Ohhhh I loved this one, this was another DT layout....I really,really loved how this turned out!
This is a photo of James my cousin that lived with us for a spell.

This is my niece Melanie who re located to Alabama. When I seen the photo I knew I had the perfect paper for it.
ohhhh and my lil Aden!!! This also was a Sketchy Thursday layout.Those awesome blue eyes in all that mess!
This is a photo of Austin my sisters grandson.....love this photo of him in the tux praying, he was ring bearer at my sons wedding and also at Aden's parents wedding...he is defiantly Heaven Sent!!!
Now for my fav of 2009:
I think this has to be my favorite that I did this year, as some of you recall this was made from a picture that Mom had sent me the last time we talked on the phone before she passed away. This was also one of the hardest for me to finish.
I used the 7 Gypsies portfolio this is the outside:
This is the inside:
I've seen a few Top 10 layouts for 2009 , and I thought I would join in as well. Julie at My Favorite Things challenge encouraged us to pick our #1 favorite layout and link it up to the challenge site. If you haven't found this challenge yet, check it out. I am putting it on my 2010 list for challenges to make time for,along with getting back into my Sketchy Thursdays plus maybe I can fit more challenges in. Here are my top 10 layouts from this year.

13 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Oh Brenda....I so enjoyed seeing all this wonderful eye candy!!!

I just adore your work...but most of all I ADORE YOU!!!

Happy New Year sweet friend!!!

chris a said...

What lovely layouts - and your fav one is really moving and beautiful. I love the portfolio you used and the colors and papers just make it so nostalgic - and from your blog I know that you will always treasure this piece. Thanks so very much for sharing it with us at TAAFOMFT and happy new year!

~BridgetL~ said...

I have loved looking at each and everyone of your beautiful layouts.
I wanted to wish you and your family a very Happy New year.

Sweet Momiji said...

These are all so gorgeous! I can't decide which one I like the best! :)
Your favorite one is stunning, I am so sorry about your mother.

I hope this year brings you lots of happiness! Thanks for all the love you have sent my way!

God bless!
Hollie

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Brenda!!!! These are allllllllllllllll sooooooooooooooo AMAZING!!!! I love love love love them all!!! WOW WOW WOW!!!! I am sooooooooooooooooooooooo excited that U joined us over at FAVE THINGS....and even more excited that U are gonna try and join us in 2010!!! YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Sandi Clarkson said...

Brenda, you got some good faves for this year!ou talent and creativity is boundless. Happy New Year, my friend!

Amy said...

Yayyy, So happy you will be playing along with us. Super cool layouts. Love them. Hugs, Amy

DeeDee said...

all are fantasitc too...I don't even think I got ten done last year ...sad uh..you are always a great inspiratipon to me brenda...I am sure I will get more done this year and you will comtinue to give me great ideas...happy new years my friend...

Sandy said...

Oh Brenda....it's like a walk down memory lane with you to look at each of these beautiful pages.....you have been such a wonderful inspiration and encourager to me....your work is amazing and you have become a wonderful friend...thanx for that.....let's see what this year brings....big hugs and happy New Year to you and yours!

Kaye's Crafty Place said...

Wow Brenda your top 10 is fabulous. I have to agree the portfolio is outstanding. I think I am going to have a go at this and look through my blog.

Happy New Year

hugs
Kaye x

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh Brenda, what beautiful lo's... I wish I was your neighbor so you could help me. So beautiful, I loved them all.

Bekka said...

I love your list, but your favorite is so packed with meaning -- I see why you chose it! Thank you so much for sharing this, and for joining us!

Deana said...

I love all your FAV LO'S... all so fun & colorful!

Thanks for joining us! :-)