Wednesday, July 1, 2009

First Week Christmas Gift from me!



Here is the first of the gifts that I will be giving to my followers...so bad I wanted to have a Christmas Theme background for this event but computer wasn't having it!!! Spent sooo much time working on it gave me a headache!!! JOY!!!
Sorry about the pictures the weather is not the best today.
1.Lighted Gift Box:
I made a gift box from a recycled cereal box painted it rubber stamped & embossed with gold embossing powders and decorated it with a velvet paper tree and added mini battery operated lights and of course a Joy button star to top it. The handle is made of polymer clay and coiled wire. This really makes a nice presentation when you turn the lights on right before giving it plus I added lil bells that jingle on this one.

2.Color Box Chipboard Creations "Cookie Cutter Shapes" This can be used for scrap booking,home decor projects,ornaments,placeholders & more! Plus you can alter the paint can and use as a gift!
Included in this kit:50 chipboard shapes, 10accent papers, 17 punch outs, 25 stickers,12 metal shapes,10 flowers,49 foam dots, 48" assorted ribbon, & 50 sequins.
3. The Christmas Pickle: This is made of polymer clay will take a better picture of this later this is adorable.
Legend of the Christmas Pickle:
Much of the fun of Christmas has been handed down from generation to generation through the legends and traditions of the old country. One that I love is the legend of the Christmas pickle. The tradition is that on Christmas Eve a pickle ornament is hidden among other Christmas ornaments on the Christmas tree. On Christmas morning the first child to find the pickle receives an extra surprise.
I used to use the glass pickle but the kids really could spot the shine on it this polymer clay version really blends nicely in the tree.....or use as a gift tag for your "pickle present".

4.DCWV Christmas Chipboard Alphabets & Shapes: 100 pieces


I want to thank all of you for all of your support on my new blogging journey! I am sooo overwhelmed by all the awards and the "Love" you give me. I have met some awesome ladies and I love each and everyone of you!!!
PLEASE Make sure to leave a comment to be included in the drawing some weeks you may not be intrested in that batch of gifts. I am trying my best to get a wide variety. I will use the random generator on Sunday night time depending on my work hours. Hugs
Brenda





24 comments:

~*~Niki~*~ said...

What a sweet thought, Christmas in July! Makes living here in the desert ever so cooler, thank you! Would love to be included in your generous drawing! That pickle is so cute with that smile! Thank you!!!
www.nikpik3cards.blogspot.com

Snowmanlover said...

Very cute! Christmas in July huh!
I just ordered Christmas paper today and stamps too so don't feel so bad!

Joy Tracey said...

Very cute stuff! Love it! TFS!

Diana Fisher said...

I love all of that, nice work. And the pickle!!!! I found out about the pickle legend after I married my hubby, now it's tradition! Thanks!!

Brandy said...

Oh, I do love Christmas!! We've just started preparing for our annual gingerbread decorating party... several invite ideas are brewing!! This RAK looks wonderful!!

Kristina said...

What a generous offering. At first I was like *what Christmas???* then I remembered that you had said you were going to do the Christmas in July thing.

Leanne said...

This is such a sweet thing for you to do! I love Christmas!! This is the first I've heard of the pickle! Thanks again!

jers52 said...

ah, we did the pickle when the kids are little. Nice candy, and it feels more like Christmas here so far than summer.

Mary Director said...

How fun. WE had a Christmas Spider (Silver) that was always on the tree. The legend was that it created the Christmas Tree tinsel with its web.

Nanne said...

Good Morning Brenda..
I love love love the story of the xmas pickle.. I have never heard that before.. I have to try to remember and maybe, just maybe try it with my kids this coming xmas..
we in Finland have warm cereal on xmas morning and he/she who finds the hidden almond in it gets a special surprise.
cheers
Nanné

DeeDee said...

wow you have been a busy lady Brenda...you know I love coming to your blog and what a great way to celebrate christmas...Merry Christmas in July to you...hugs

DeeDee said...

P.S. I forgot to add I love the tree and the pickle...so cute...lol

Venus said...

Christmas in July is so much fun. Love the story of the Christmas pickle.

Linda Hitt said...

Christmas is my very favorite time of year....even when it comes in July!!! The Christmas pickle is adorable!

Jeanne said...

Brenda I love your blog. I like that you have close up pictures and lay out information. Merry Christmas in July!

Anonymous said...

I love christmas. I am working on some class projects now for Christmas in July at a lss. Thanks so much for this great rak.

poohfabulous
Tina

Melissa Kaye said...

Wow! What great gifts! My mom has always had a glass pickle on her Christmas tree. When it broke, there was a frantic search for another one!

Lisa Mala6 said...

What a cute pickle. Love Christmas and all the trimmings. Your RAK is great. Thanks for the chance to win.
Cute blog! :)

Lg said...

You have been very busy. I have been shopping for Xmas fabric already. Love your blog and you have made some really cute things.
I have a friend that uses the Pickle tradition on her tree.

Lora

Sandy said...

How exciting...such a wonderful gift...you're the bomb!

Sandi said...

I love your blog!! I have already been in the Christmas mood as we will have 2 new grandbabies (July and October) this year and I needed to get started on Christmas gifts. Love the gifts you are giving away!

Anonymous said...

I found your blog from the MB of PC Crafter. You have some great scrapbook layouts. I've done Christmas in July with my Bunco group. It was a big hit. Good luck with your blog.

susanb

Marti said...

What a great idea - Christmas in July. My DH does the Christmas in April where they help fix up someone's house.

I love the legend of the pickle. We try and do that every year.

Kathy said...

Love you site! And I love Christmas in July! It's a nice escape from the hot summer.
Kathy