Friday, October 30, 2009

Once Upon A Time






This is my DT project for http://ymhdesigns.blogspot.com/ I have been trying forever to get this layout done in between my visits to the bathroom...yuk! Thank you so much Kristina for being so understanding!
First I want to thank my son for restoring this photo for me, you did an awesome job!
This is a picture of me when I was 3 months old I am so glad that I got this from Mom before she passed away.
I had so much fun collecting my all white embellishments for this layout at work and home.
I used a white satin fabric and used a Peel & Stick Mounting Board for textile art. I also have some white doilies,lace and trim all from Jo-Ann Fabrics.
The feathers were inspired from my dear friend Sandy. I also got inspired from Gabi for the flower centers she showed us how to make using hemp and pearl paint.....now there was a $10,000. video in the making there when I tried to figure out how to dry them! Gary is sitting on a gold mine and doesn't even know it!!
Genuine Swarovski crystals are also used in the center of flowers, butterflies and the bicone beads on my name. I really love how they sparkle!
Kristina's Primas and dew drops were also used, make sure to stop by her store.And follow our DT blog as well.
The Cuttlebug embossing folder was used on the rattle. A Wizard die was used for the time piece, set to the time of my birth.
Cricut cartridges used: Home Decor for the chandelier, Hannah Montana for the butterflies, New Arrival for the rattle,Home Accents for the leaves (look at the lil tiny ones my new Cricut cut those!), Storybook for the title.

19 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Oh how BEAUTIFUL this is!!!! So soft and so many elements to the LO!!!! You did a WONDERFUL job!!!! :-) Have a great weekend....sweet friend!!!!

ScrapMomOf2 said...

Wow! BEAUTIFUL! So amazing! You really outdid yourself with this layout! WOW!

Sandy said...

Brenda...this is beyond stunning...thanx for the love....Gabi is amazing...I tried the hemp and pearl paint but yours are so much nicer than mine....I love all the white this is fantastic....so happy to have you as a bloggin buddy!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Simply stunning,soft,delicate and beautifull.Love it...

Kaye's Crafty Place said...

Brenda this is just breathtaking. Wow! love all the white is looks to delicate and soft. Weren't you a gorgeous baby! Hope you are all well again and back to full strength.

hugs
Kaye x

Lorry said...

Gorgeous layout Brenda!! your rocking that Cricut too!

Ann Arbogast said...

Beautiful layout. I love the white and off white together.

Karli said...

WOW, WOW, WOW! Love all the details & your baby pic is such a treasure! Beautiful page :)

Sandi Clarkson said...

Karli stole the words right out of my mouth .. so now I don't even know what yo say .. I'm just speechless over this one! Love the all white. Brenda, you've done a wonderful job here and I am so glad that you are feeling better!

Jingle said...

Very nice! I love the lace pieces you used and that little clock!

Anonymous said...

Hi Brenda, Thanks for visiting my blog and your seet comment!! Love your work and loving that Hallowencostume you made for you dog, so cute!!

Leah said...

So pretty! I love the monochromatic look, so soft and elegant.

Dayna said...

Very beautiful!! Love the detail you put in to it. And like Leah said..the monochromatic color is so elegant looking. Looks like a nice comfy pillow. Love it!

Lorie K said...

Brenda, this is just gorgeous! What nice touches, and it even gives me inspiration for my knitting projects! Now that's what I call inspiration, when you can move it from craft to craft!
And I do think Gary knows how talented you are!

Brenda said...

oooohhhh Lorie those beads on one of your BEAUTIFUL scarfs...just scream BRENDA!!! lol
thanks for leaving me some love I know you been busy moving!
hugs
Brenda

Jamie Dougherty (jaylynn) said...

This is sooo pretty and soft BEAUTIFUL!!!! Thank You for your generous comments :) Can't wait to see more or your work :) Hugs Jamie

Audrey Frelx said...

OMG!!! Is this a gorgeous layout or what!!! It is just absolutely beautiful!!!

Vel said...

Gaah! That watch/clock is spellbinders, isn't it? I hadn't ever bought any before and stumbled upon them the other day on the JoAnn site and bought this die. I cannot wait to get it! Do you love it? It seemed with the different things that are on it it would be something I'd love...sure hope I was right. But it was on sale so I couldn't pass it up anyway. :)