Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Kalahari




I finally got to get a Sketchy Thursday layout done!!!These are photos of my niece Janie and her daughter from a trip they took to Kalahari Resort this past summer.
Heidi Grace "Regan's Closet" card stock was used along with my Cricut cartridges: Pooh Font Set for title, Animal Kingdom for the turtle, Plantin Schoolbook for the grass.
I used my bamboo place mat for the photo mats and added some beads and fiber from my stash.
I tried to make my own "thickers" I first cut some mat board then glued my title cuts and then applied the Liquid Glass.

11 comments:

Dayna said...

Great LO! I love how you used a bamboo placemat for photo mats, very creative. Thanks for the inspiration.

Diana Fisher said...

I just love how pink and light brown look together!! Such a great page, I love it. Glad you are playing along. Great beads, too!!!

Unknown said...

I am a huge fan of pink and browns,great job..turned out sweet.

The Studio by Amanda Jones said...

Lovely page, I love the little beads especially!

Thanks for playing :)

Amanda x
Sketchy Thursdays DT

Sandi Clarkson said...

Great layout, Brenda. Love the use of the bamboo for your photo mats! Also wanted to pop by and say thanks for the cupcake info! I like that it was written instead of a video where you have to write it all down yourself .. or have a good memory! LOL

Jocelyn said...

Oh Brenda...this is so very pretty...I love the colors and the photos...exude happiness!!!!! Wishing you a day filled with smiles!!!! :-)

Sandy said...

OH Brenda...love this layout...the beads, buttons and that cute little turtle...just tooo wonderful...So happy you are a scrappy buddy!

ScrapMomOf2 said...

This is fabulous! I love the beads! The title looks fantastic too!

Kristina said...

Very cute! Love the bamboo mats, they work perfectly. When I first glanced I thought *whoa, is that a real turtle, it's huge* Then I took a closer look, ha ha I'm so nieve :)

Hugs,
Kristina

Lorry said...

Great layout Brenda, I love how the colors go together so well and the diecut turtle is too cute! I love using my cricut and enjoy seeing what others do with theirs, thanks for the inspiration!

Kaye's Crafty Place said...

What a beautiful layout Brenda, Love you colour choice and the bamboo mats. So good to see you back creating and are well again.

hugs
Kaye x