Today being Mother's Day I wanted to share a small collection of 3 generations of creations.
My Grandmothers Dress she had sewn, my Mothers Bunnys, one of her small dolls and lace umbrella she made.My stained glass pieces and some of my paper creations.
I have sooo many memories of Grandma sewing for me as I sat and looked at the "Wish Book" Sears catalog if there was something I liked Grandma would begin laying her fabric right there on the floor and begin her work of out doing the one in the catalog. She NEVER EVER used a pattern don't know how she was able to ever do what she did! I can recall the smell of the fabric mills when I stayed the summers with her I would play under the big wooden tables while she picked out her fabric and her lace.The year she was helping me learn to tat Grandma could do miles of it with no shuttle just using her hands!
And my Mother taking such pride in her work and selling her crafts in so many stores. And her excitement when a batch of her muslin got tea died just the perfect shade. The hours she spent teaching me to sew, to crochet, in the 70's all those t shirts we made. The 80's it was the soft sculpture we shared learning together. Staying up all night talking and crafting on my visits with her.
Today I am remembering soooo many treasured memories and missing them sooo much.
I am so glad that I found scrapbooking so that I can document these memories for future generations.
Wishing you all a Happy Mother's Day!
Hugs
Brenda
































5 comments:
Wow what a wonderful story and great memories...my grandmother too would sew like that. I am very grateful she passed that on to me..Happy Mothers Day..DeeDee
Oh Brenda what a wonderful heartwarming story...thanks so much for sharing that with us....wish I had some of those great memories...they are so beautiful!! I so remember making the bunnies...so precious. Happy Mother's Day! Hugs, Dawn
Happy Mother's Day mom!
Shane and Angie
Thank you for sharing your wonderful memories Brenda.
I left a wsome award for you over at my blog. Have fun and enjoy it. Love your blog.
Hugs, Paula
Brenda I just love being able to share in your memories !
Post a Comment