
Today I wanted to share 2 of the stained glass kaleidoscopes that I make. The one on the glass stand is called the Oil Wand Kaleidoscope which has an awesome view that looks like a firework display! Cascades of color and explosions of light appear as the materials in the wand flow past the kaleidoscope mirrors. The mirrors are arranged to create an image with fourteen radial sections instead of the usual six.
The other one is called the Marblescope I also made the oak stand for it to be displayed on. I had my husbands help with making the stand. Now he knows why he got the drill press for a Christmas present! I collected the oak from when I worked at a wood factory they were drawer fronts that had small flaws and I couldn't see them getting shredded up so asked if I could have them and sooo glad I did saved me a small fortune, the co-workeres all laughed at me about how full my locker was getting untill they seen what I was making with them!
This kaleidoscope uses a marble to create its visual display. Look into one end of the Marblescope and see the brilliant colors of a glass marble reflected a thousand "whichways" against the three mirrors inside.
This kaleidoscope uses a marble to create its visual display. Look into one end of the Marblescope and see the brilliant colors of a glass marble reflected a thousand "whichways" against the three mirrors inside.
These really make nice gifts. I hope I am inspiring some one to try to work with stained glass it really is a beautiful art and so much easier than you would think....if I can do it anyone can!!
































3 comments:
Gorgeous work ....
How cool is that !
OMG! this is beautifull.I so want to make those pendants with solder...I love your projects here and so glad I found your site...good luck ont he bolg candy too..hope one of us wins...
Post a Comment