Friday, April 24, 2009

Far Far Away


I LOVE this Lo that I did of my niece who re located. When I seen the DCWV stack Happily Ever After I knew I had the perfect paper for the photo.I used my Cricut for this LO.
Used the FF(Fabulous Finds) for the hinges.
The windows and sign (for my journaling) are from the Christmas solutions cart.
The "glass" for the window was cut from the plastic cover from and old mat! Just put it on a new mat that was sticky and cut out the using blackout feature key.....and to think I almost threw them away! Again recycling! Placed the map of home under the window....after I did it I wish I would have used pop dots under the window frame for more depth. But I will remember that for future projects.
The time piece is raised with pop dots and the time is set to her birth date it is done with my Wizard die.
The black crystal swirls are from Taylored Expressions....I LOVE bling!
The flowers are imaginisce love the velvet texture!
The key embellishment is Jo-ann Craft Essential added floss to make the tassel. I used a "suede" paper for the mat,hinges,sign,and the mat...
This was a first at working with this paper I LOVE it! I inked the edges of all the cuts. For the background paper I sanded and inked the edges of the paper to distress it.
Used stickles on the brads and a metal butterfly charm from Blue Moon Lost & Found collection.
I am amazed with the versatility of the Cricut cartridges who would have ever thought this layout was done with a Christmas cartridge! And I am really falling in love with the Fabulous Finds cartridge I was late on getting it but am so happy I did!

1 comment:

charlene said...

I think this is one of the prettiest layouts I have seen !