Friday, February 24, 2012

Paper Hoarders DT Challenge




Here is my layout for the Paper Hoarders DT Love /Anniversary challenge....we were not allowed to use pink, red or sliver....
I had an idea what I was wanting to do for my layout and I ordered The Timepiece collection...then guess what... paper out of stock...sooo I went searching and found my Basic Grey papers and then decided to do this photo....kinda liking my Plan B....gotta have a plan B in life!
This is a photo of my husband Gary's parents when they were married ...I loveee Bettys hat and her smile! And I am amazed how much Gary looks like his dad.I didn't get to know him much I met Gary the same year he died of cancer...but Betty I did get to know she was the sweetest lady ever....she is deeply missed..she would always greet me with a hug and a kiss on my cheek..I loved her so much I was there at her side praying when she took her last breath...I had no idea as I never seen any one pass away before...called Gary into her room telling him she was breathing strange and then he told me shes gone...

Paper: Basic Grey Curio collection: Needle Lace,Upholstery,& Coverlet papers from that collection
Bo Bunny Timepiece chipboard: clock (set to the date of their marriage)
Bo Bunny Timepiece : Trinkets loveeeee
Tim Holtz Ide-ology Foliage and book plate
Prima e line pearls for center of some flowers
Prima Say it in Crystals: From Kristina Your Memories Here a RAK love the smoke color
Petaloo Chantilly:Velvet & Lace flowers
Petaloo Velvet Hydrangeas...first time I used these not sure where I got them from...but loose glitter is an issue ...but the color went sooo well decided to go with them.
velvet trim from stash from a lady I met at Joanns

Now back to my craft room I been re organizing and finding all kinds of hidden treasures

8 comments:

Sandy from Ukiah said...

i don't know what Plan A would look like, but i am loving Plan B.. and yes, we always need to have a Plan B... i haven' t had a chance to pop over to your project 365 yet. wondering how to get there.. lol..
hugs my friend

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is GORGEOUS! I loveeeeeeee the photo, the clock and those flowers!

Cindi said...

Gorgeous..just gorgeous..love all the embellies
:)

Rita Hutcheson-Cobbs said...

So loved this, esp the date plate...I pinned your layout! Loving it...

myself said...

I love this. So beautiful and classic, and well... TIMELESS!

Susanne said...

Very elegantly scrapped!

Anonymous said...

This is so beautiful Brenda! Great job as always!,

Yoshiras time to craft said...

beautiful LO.Love the flowers and patterns.have fun hunting.